We are at the end of our first day at the MTC. We got up early so we would make sure to get here even if the rush hour traffic was bad. Fortunately the traffic flowed smoothly the whole way (up until the construction on University Parkway. It is under construction EVERY TIME we come to the BYU area. I think they start at one end and then continue to the mountains, then start all over again. Even with that we got to the MTC early. We got some mixed messages about pictures with family (no family can't come past the car check in point, then sure they can come in for pictures, senior couples do it all the time, then, no, no one except the missionary couple can come in--a bit frustrating way to start). We ended up taking pictures near the opening gate but not in the MTC grounds.
Here we are with the grandkids, Amy and family, Cari and kids.
We learned some great things, but I'm afraid by 7:30 pm my head ached, back ached, feet hurt and I am dead tired. Is this what the MTC experience is supposed to be? I should be more rested tomorrow.
At the FHE this evening we saw a video of a Christmas devotional given at the MTC on Christmas. It was AMAZING. My amazing sister, Kathy, said I ought to try and find at least one interesting thing that I learn or that happens each day. One of the things Pres. Bednar spoke about was the Conversion to Christ vs a "Testimony". Some people have a testimony of the church or some aspect or some person in the church but they eventually fall away. But if you are converted to Christ and his doctrine then other things that happen won't take you away from Christ and his gospel. Programs and people aren't the Church. Jesus Christ is who we need to be converted to.



What sweet memories for your grandkids.
ReplyDeleteIt's a sign! So back in the day, on my missiom in Canada, they had one of those events where they convert a Chapel into part of the Temple for a day. Pres Ballard was escorting the General Authority from the Mission Home to the Chapel/Temple (a 20 minute drive), but left early, to allow for traffic, so they wouldn't be late. Well, the traffic for parted them,('cus they were transporting the General Authority), and they got to the Chapel/Temple a half hour early. Sooo...I'm just saying, It's a sign.
ReplyDeleteOooh, that comment about conversion to Christ vs a testimony is good stuff!!! Can I quote you in future lessons?
ReplyDelete