Thursday we had App Training in using the Gospel App to make notebooks for giving lessons or talks. The instructor went way to fast for those of us who aren't very tech savvy. At first I was trying to do it on my phone and help Ken get it going on his phone. But then we got really far behind. Finally one of the other teachers came over to help Ken, however, by then I was 5 steps behind the instructor. So, another kindly senior missionary came to my rescue and stayed by my side throughout the remainder of the class. What a wonderful sister!
When we met in our districts we got to use the technology we learned about in the first class and prepare a teaching experience for our companion missionary couple. I am impressed by the capabilities available to us! What a blessing.
Today, Friday, was the last day of training in "Preach My Gospel" and many of the Senior Missionaries will be leaving after today. They had a review of some of the things we have learned so far and we got to meet and get to know an "investigator" and teach him a lesson (a volunteer from BYU who is willing to let us teach him). He was actually an amazing person and we were glad to get to know him a little.
In the afternoon we met with all of the senior couples and discussed subjects like our Testimony of Jesus Christ, what talents we will be bringing to the mission field and how we can serve others, how to condense a subject we think someone might ask us into a short, concise but powerful explanation. For instance, if someone asked why we would leave home to come and volunteer at a visitors center for year, what would we say? I might say that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought us peace and joy in our lives and we want to be able to share this with others so that they can have that same peace and joy.
What would you say?
These are great questions, can I quote you? I'd ask them, I probably wouldn't answer them...that's kind of a personal question don't you think?
ReplyDeleteIt's a little funny that they give seniors classes on how to give short concise answers. It's not like Dad tells long rambling stories.
ReplyDelete